I love my life! That is the statement I have to make this week... I know it is not very deep nor intelligent but it is what I feel right now. I feel so incredibly blessed to have had the chance to study and play tennis here, it has been my dream to this since I was sixteen! I have met amazing people, friends and teachers that I dearly respect. If you respect someone, they will give you respect back, I have never experienced it to be so true as it is here. Of course there are people that don't like you, for whatever reason, but it's not these people that I am so suprised about. I love getting smiles from people walking to class that I have never even met.
There was one moment that I will not forget in my life. Obama is Americas president now at it is not a secret that most Europeans supported him. His speech gave me chills and I feel that I have witnessed a great moment in History. Some people though, do not share this opinion with me. I got in a serious political fight with a girl that did not think my status "Obama is hot" was funny at all. She accused me of being one of the people that voted for Obama for all the wrong reasons. She said that he is a threat for the democratic freedom of America...
After having had many interesting conversations with supporters of Obama as well as McCain was this a real shocker for me. I think this girl was very narrow minded and she accepted nothing but her opinion.
I will not go into any more detail because this is not supposed to be a political blog. This is supposed to be about my Drury experience which is getting better and better all the time! Thank you for all the people that make it so enjoyable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying your time at Drury! This is my fourth year here and I love it (and I'm not really involved on campus even). I thought it was nice that you expressed how happy and content you are with the current situation. I know that some days I myself this that life is pretty great... and it makes up for the occasional bad day. :)
Post a Comment